Getting to know the Two Girls About Town


So Two Girls About Town have finally started blogging after much planning and speculation.  But who are we?
We'd like to introduce ourselves by telling you a few things about ourselves that most people don't know. 

About Skye

I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was almost 19 years old.

I sing my heart out in the kitchen when I’m cooking. I particularly like to belt out tunes by girls who play guitar like Tasmania’s own, Amy Kendall (check her out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/AmyKendallMusic ).

I am completely obsessed with my girlfriend’s feet and once featured them in a poem I wrote.

Of all the cancers, breast cancer scares me most.

When I was about 7, I had toxoplasmosis.  I was very sick and off from school for months and months.  It was when I first felt anxiety.

Injustice makes me crazy.

For a foodie, I’m a really lazy eater. I’d prefer to snack on junk food and bits and pieces, than to have to sit down and eat a whole meal.

When I was growing up we didn’t have a lot.  Visiting my best friend Kath meant I got to have all sorts of food we never ate at our home: actual frozen hamburgers, whose existence never failed to amaze me; and canned braised steak and onions, which I thought was the most delicious food imaginable. It was the biggest treat ever to eat Mrs R’s processed cow parts.

The stupidest thing I ever did, was to have a couple of double margaritas for brunch at a bar on the Castro, San Fran, and decide that I’d always wanted to have my nipple pierced and had to do it now!

I’d like to spend more time drinking coffee, eating hand-made Monte Carlos and reading in bed.


About Ange

I have many nicknames but my favourite is ‘Anga’.  Think Hanger – take off the ‘H’ and pronounce the ‘er’ as ’a’.  Anga was all my nephew could say when he was learning to talk and it stuck.  I do also get called ‘Rabbit’ by my dad.

I was born on my Uncle Jim’s 70th birthday – for a long time he was the only other person I knew born on July 15!  His accordion playing fascinated me and he was a well-known busker in the mall.  I did try to play the accordion too, but I don’t have the talent of my uncle Jim.

I had the best up-bringing – my parents were awesome.  The most exciting words we could hear were “Who wants to go for a drive?” This meant packing an overnight bag because we always ended up staying in a swanky hotel and eating at great restaurants.  My most favourite place was the Shearwater Resort.  We got to order our own drinks from the waiter and they came with little plastic animals on the side, my favourite was the giraffe!


My dad had a horrific truck accident when I was 19.  He died on the operating table 3 times.  He pulled through but it was the most traumatic experience of my life and I still have missed memories from that time.

My mum was adopted and when I was 21 she found her birth mother and sister.  I moved to Cairns for 5 months when I was 23 and got to know her family a bit better.

My mum is one of my best friends and my dad is my world.  The thing that scares me most is losing them.

I want to write a children’s book.  I know I have one in me.  I just need to make the time to do it.  It will happen one day!

Born and bred a country girl, my secret pleasure is cranking the Country Music Channel anytime I have the house to myself!

I’m totally into technology and love love love my iPhone and iPad!

About you

What's something most people don't know about you?