Memories Are Made of These!

Memories Are Made of These!

One of the Two Girls has already blogged about music and the emotional connection songs have to specific moments in our lives.

Now the other girl is blogging about music and how a song can bring memories flooding back.


I got a feeling by The Black Eyed Peas - reminds me of my best friends wedding.  Every time I hear it it brings back memories of the best wedding I've ever been to - what a fantastic night.  How wonderful it was that I was right there by her side as one of her bridesmaids when she married. We danced all night and as the lyrics say... the night was a good night.

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond takes me back to my time spent in Cairns with my other best friend and her sister.  Back then we were the Three Musketeers on an adventure together.  This one song was played each night by our favourite band at 'our 'regular'.  Once it was actually serenaded to this one girl complete with a red rose!  It was so many years ago now I can't remember the name of the pub but it was where we spent most of our Friday nights.


Iko Iko by the Belle Stars (originally sang by the Dixie Cups, the version my mum remembers).  This is the song my mother and I sang to my nephew and eldest niece (the RugRats).  Not a week would go by without us singing this song to them in the lounge room or in the car.  Once we finished the RugRats would scream out 'again, again' and so we'd sing it again.  However once they became teenagers, they were way too cool for this song!



And the ultimate, Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen.  It was 1984, I was 11 and I danced to this song for the first time at my uncle's engagement party.  The marriage didn't last but my love for Bruce and his music has just grown and grown.

Those are just some of this One Girls musical memories.

Read about how the Other Girl feels about music in her post 'That special song'

What songs bring back memories for you?